One of the hardest part of writing a blog post is coming up with the right topic because a topic can either promote your post or kill it. So, it was a struggle coming up with a topic for this post, as I write I am not exactly sure if this is the most proper topic but follow me as I talk about SEO consulting and Social Media Marketing…… gracia 🙂
Lately, I have done SEO consulting for a good number of clients (including mine). Some of the brands I am currently working with are;
- Project *Develop – Google’s partner providing Nigerians professional websites at no cost.
- www.kasuwa.com – Nigeria’s largest online marketplace
- www.westmanquest.com – one of Nigeria’s fastest growing laundry brands
- www.meponline.org – a Mobile Entrepreneurship website
- Even blogs are not left out, www.wordmartnigeria.com owned by writing and editorial consultant, Earl Okezie, is less than a month old but is gaining grounds online.
- There are at least a dozen others I really can’t disclose for a number of reasons; ranging from the fact that we are still at the initial stages of the project or they’ve signed up to our white reseller solution; which simply means we work for them without stating the details of their clients. So, what’s stopping you from work with me? Contact me now!
Why is Social Media Marketing and SEO Consulting becoming increasingly important?
Look all around you, the signs are everywhere. The Internet is becoming more important, brands are embracing social media channels more, there are more IT start-ups today than ever before, technology is replacing human beings in various sectors and here is the funny one; Google is advertising on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria 🙂
Do you know why this is funny? Not too long ago, Google’s Chairman, Eric Schmidt was quoted;
Google’s not doing anything like as much as it wants to on the continent, he admitted, because it’s just not possible. Africans, he says, are forced to cough up “20 to 30 times what we (i.e. Americans) pay for data.”
I really don’t know what has changed so much in less than 12 months because I am still paying heavily for data. Has Google suddenly realized Africa (particularly Nigeria) has huge potentials? That is a matter for another day……
Social Media Marketing and SEO Consulting offer to integrate the best of both worlds.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a brand building opportunity for businesses; both small and big. I encourage you to fully tap into it’s popularity. Fortunately and unfortunately for me, I have less time to effectively run my various social media accounts as I delve deeper into SEO Consulting and Social Media Marketing for clients, still to God be all the glory.
Social media marketing is a long-term strategy that deals with brand promotion using the various available social media channels such as Dynamic blogs (notice I used the word “dynamic” there is no need to have a blog, if it would not be updated), YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
Also, the recent rise in the popularity of social media sites has made it possible for search engines to recognize the importance of a website or brand or individual with good social media following. Before now, that didn’t count but not anymore as long as the foundation of your site is correct i.e.
- You have more good quality links than bad ones pointing to your site. (Your site can actually have bad links through no fault of your own)
- You take time to develop high quality content.
- You are not involved in any form of blackhat (bad) SEO.
If the above applies to you; then you can be sure that when you content gets shared by your readers or followers, your website will receive some link juice which might help it rank higher.
Building links and content development
Link building has always been and still is a very popular way to increase the value of your website in the eyes of the search engines
Quality content that is constant and timely tickles the search engines which makes it an extremely important aspect of SEO consulting. I usually tell my clients to make content generation a key aspect of their web presence management strategy because success can hardly be guaranteed without it. The truth is that you don’t have to generate content yourself, you can hire the likes of Earl Okezie or CFA to write for you or have us help you do a comprehensive keyword research as well as come up with a content development strategy.
Hear me and hear me well; even if you spend $1,000,000 on Facebook ads alone, you are not maximizing that opportunity, if you don’t have quality content that will keep visitors to your website engaged.
Yes. I am an SEO services provider and I achieve more through it, however, I recommend a combination of various strategies in your marketing plan. Rather than do just SEO (which should be at least 50%), I recommend you also include the following;
- Social Media Marketing
- PPC Advertising
- Email, BBM and Personalized Bulk SMS Marketing and
- Other forms of off-line advertising i.e. business cards, Newspaper ads,
Before you start any form of website promotion, please ensure that you get the basics right – good website navigation, look and feel and other on page SEO factors.
Now it’s your turn 🙂
Share your online experience as regards SEO and Social Media Marketing with us. I am certain you have better ideas or suggestions, so let’s hear em below.