The various business opportunities arising from the adoption of Social Media (SM) websites for marketing purposes are becoming more and more admirable. As noticed, the adoption is already influencing the global job market and the impacts being created are seen altogether as a good omen.
Authoritative sources on career trends have indicated that Social Media experts will be in great demand by employers. It is now easy to realize that starting from now onward, job seekers with sound knowledge of and skills in the application of Social Media to business will be able to launch job searches with confidence. These set of job seekers will be self-assured of getting the jobs they want and of getting the jobs so soon after the launch.
It follows, therefore, that with the immense potentials brought about by the online networking websites to businesses, new career paths will continue to be created in the marketing industry.
If you are a job seeker who has been toying with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other similar top websites, it is time for you to streamline the funs you have been playing with these websites to become a profession for you.
Presently, the position being filled by people skilled in social media is generally tagged Social Media Manager (SMM). The same position is alternatively named as SM Co-ordinator, Interactive Marketing Manager, Online Lead Generation Manager, Digital Marketer and Online Community Strategist.
While the academic pre-requisites and marketing experience required of an SMM appear now of less particularity, the functions include:
- Developing and maintaining webpages on social networking websites.
- Developing and implementing internet marketing concepts and programs.
- Getting involved in social bookmarking, blogging/commenting/replying and SMSing activities,
- Crafting media strategies to support business initiatives.
- Creating ad campaigns and maximizing their impacts in the social media space
- Analyzing campaigns to determine level of success.
- Tracking how well business brands are portrayed in different social media communities.
- Keeping up-to-date of latest social marketing trends to implement best practices.
- Training of staff in social media.
What you need to do now to enter into or make improvement on Social Media career:
- Get yourself aware of the social media employment trends.
- Hone your media skills to get fit for the widening opportunities .
- Launch your job search.
What you need to learn to make you a sought-after Social Media professional:
- Internet lead generation.
- Niche marketing.
- Basic mobile marketing.
- Consumer behavior and analytics.
How to fast-track your way into SM service business:
Where a company recruiting SMMs is not close to you, you can launch out and approach companies around you with your own package of SM consulting service. The need for companies to have SMMs is now widespread and many may not advertise now or at all.
To your social media success.