By the grace of God, I would be in Ghana later in November to speak at IT Leaders West Africa Summit. The summit has been put together by international business-to-business conferencing company, Kinetic Events; key strategic information providers to the IT and telecoms sector within Africa.
I don’t think there is any person, business or Government still doubt of the power of information and communication technology (ICT) towards accelerating economic growth and development. What I believe remains the greatest challenge is how to go about implementing various ICT related policies to the benefit of our growing economies. Therefore, a summit that seeks to gather leading IT leaders from the West African region for 2 days is a welcome development.
The IT Leaders West Africa Summit is designed to review the level of ICT deployment and exploitations within the public and private sector in West Africa, targeting Governments as well as a number of public and private sector organizations, in efforts to identity, understand and strategise ICT for the industry.
IT Leaders West Africa Summit Details
Movenpick Ambassador Hotel
28 – 29 November, 2012
Time 8:00 – 18:00 daily.
Delegate registration fee: $695 USD
Invited to speak at IT Leaders West Africa Summit;
- Chukuemeka Fred Agbata Jnr., CEO – CFA Leverage
- Chidi Nwaogu and Chika Nwaogu, Founders, LAGBook
- Hon. Sherry Ayittey, Minister of Environment, Science and Technology
- Professor Clement Dzidonu, President – AIT University of the Future
- Dr. Peter Okenyi, Ph.D.,CISSP,CISM, CEO, AISEC Group, USA
- CK Bruce, President – International Systems Audit & Control Association (ICASA), Ghana Chapter
- Kwadwo Ntim, CIO – Ghana Payment and Settlement Systems (GhIPSS)
- Saidu Abdullahi, Head of IT – Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Samuel Quarshie, CIO – Ghana Health Service
- Tunde Coker, Group CIO – Access Bank Plc., Nigeria
- Abel Daitey, Manager Electronic Channels – Merchant Bank, Ghana
- Hon. Haruna Iddrisu, Minister of Communications, Ghana
- Dr Nii Quaynor, Chairman – NITA Ghana
- Professor Cleopas Angaye, Director General – National Information Technology Development Agency, Nigeria (NITDA)
- Kofi Totobi Quakyi, Chairman – Ghana National Communications Authority
- Julius Ativie, Director ICT – Nigerian Breweries
- Lucas Chigabatia, Group CIO – Anglogold Ashanti
- Dr William Tevi, Director General, NITA, Ghana
- Alhassan Umar, CEO, ITES Ghana
- Kofi Totobi Quakyi, Chairman, National Communications Authority
Don’t you agree it is gonna be a loaded house?
The IT Leaders West Africa Summit is bringing together the greatest players, both local and international, across the IT industry in West Africa to network and discuss business with this year’s theme of driving the business forward through innovation. The summit provides a unique and exclusive business-to-business platform for IT executives and industry leaders to share experiences, network among peers and engage in interactive discussions with fellow senior executives, government officials, senior decision makers and international industry guest speakers.
Summit producer Kinetic Events urges governments, ICT industry executives and senior decision makers to attend this year’s event. According to the summit organiser, governments must move forward in encouraging the intense use of technology to promote development and economic growth within the region.
Follow @ITLeadersAfrica and @KineticEventsSA on Twitter for daily updates and news feeds.
West Africa particularly Nigeria is one country to look out for when it comes to ICT, her telecommunication success story has proven this. I urge ICT leaders in organizations and Government agencies to work towards attending this event that I so believe will positively affect the region and continent at large.
Would you love to attend this event or have any questions whatsoever? Please feel free to contact me.
Don’t MISS the IT Leaders West Africa Summit!