The Annual Business Seminar of the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (South West (4) District) was held on the 15th and 16th of July, 2011 at the National Arts Theatre, Lagos.
In my usual style, I went to the business seminar with the following plans;
- To ascertain if my current businesses are still viable.
- To meet Prof. Pat Utomi in person and ask for a referral as well as a general question to confirm his support for Network Marketing as a viable business opportunity.
- To meet Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa in person and ask him for a close door opportunity so he can review one of our businesses.
- To hear Leke Alder speak and learn more about his Enterprise 500 event.
- Finally, to learn a lot more about investing in Real Estate – a field I am yet to play in.
Now, the big question is did I achieve my purpose of attending the 2011 Annual Business Seminar of the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International. The answer is YES!
[quote style=”boxed”]Most of us go through life as failures, because we are waiting for the “time to be right” to start doing something worthwhile. Do not wait. The time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. – Napoleon Hill[/quote]
The Topic of the 2011 annual business seminar of the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (South West 4) was Contemporary Issues in doing business in Nigeria: Opportunities and Challenges.
It was a loaded two days business seminar and trust yours truly, I learnt a lot. Here are the facilitators (please be the judge);
- Mr Leke Alder – Founder, Leke Alder Consulting. Topic: A review of the Nigerian economy for the past decade (1992 – 2011) and the Key sectors of the Nigerian Economy.
- Prof. Pat Utomi – Director, Lagos Business School. Topic: Winning Market Share through Innovations
- Mr Uche Ogar – President, Masters Energy Oil & Gas. Topic: Practical business experience.
- Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa – President, Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals. Topic: Challenges and Opportunities facing SMEs in the Nigerian Economy.
- Prof. Tunde Cole Onitiri – MD, Sharon Medical Services. Topic: Sustaining Business through Healthy Living
- Dr. Charles Okoye – MD, Union Properties. Topic: Opportunities in the Real Estate Business in Nigeria.
- Mr Obi Onwuakpa. Topic: Practical Business Experience
- Mr Festus Azarah – MD, Maximum Impact Solutions and Systems Ltd. Topic: Wellness
- Barr. Mrs Eunice Obasohan – MD, Lily Homes Ltd. Topic: Discussions on Real Estate Opportunities
- Engr. Niyi Ogunnusi – Regional Vice President of the the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (South West). Topic: Spiritual Empowerment
Is it possible to attend an event like this and not learn anything? Unfortunately, yes. Why? An appropriate answer would be motive – your motive in whatever you do actually determines your commitment, drive, sincerity, dedication etc.
My motive was simple, go out there, connect with People and LEARN as much as I can, so as to be able to grow and in turn help others.
4 Tips to guide as you go;
- Have a Purpose
- Be Determined
- Take Action
- Share your Experience with others