Today marks the beginning of the Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW)!
It is indeed a time to roll out the drums and celebrate those;
- that have chosen to make others happier
- who have dared to dream
- who have put food on the table of millions, both directly and indirectly
- who have endured great difficulties in pursuit of their dreams
- who ensure that their businesses continually keep others engaged and busy through out their lifetime
- who have created wealth where/when others saw poverty
- who have developed solutions that solved a problem
- who have passionately pursed a cause that turned out to be a life safer
- that have made a fortune, yet pledge to give it out….
Dozens of U.S. billionaires pledged on Wednesday to give at least half their fortunes to charity as part of a philanthropic campaign by two of the world’s richest men — Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Reuters – 4th August, 2011.
Go ask Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga how they succeeded?
They will all probably say the same thing;
it was not easy at first but I pushed on and today, the rest is history…
The Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) helps map the entrepreneurial ecosystem in various countries and enjoys the participation and support of leaders on every continent. This initiative should be encouraged in Nigeria.
To all established entrepreneurs – I say Kudos!
To all emerging entrepreneurs – I say stay focused and keep pressing on!!
To all aspiring entrepreneurs – I say the time to launch forth is now!!!