It’s wake up time indeed! Christians who may be wondering how they will be persecuted even in sane environments like the United States should wonder no more because the signs are everywhere. The US Supreme court’s ruling in favour of the LGBT community is indeed a game changer in all ramifications.
- How would a christian parent explain to their teenage son that their next door neigbhour is a brother married to a brother?
- How would the church react when a gay couple attends Sunday service? Would they kick them out against the dictates of the state?
- Assuming they are allowed to become part of the church, will the pastor still have the courage to say homosexuality is a sin?
- Would a Christian wedding planner organize the wedding ceremony of a gay couple?
- Would the church agree to wed a gay couple?
- If a gay couple adopts a child and invites a Christian family to her birthday ceremony would they attend?
These are some of the questions I can think of amongst many others that will crop up in the coming days and the truth is that more than ever before Christians (especially those who will take a stance based on the bible) need the direction and grace of God to pull through.
The truth is that it is a wake up call for Christians and all those who believe in the divine institution of marriage as ordained by God.
I have read articles upon articles trying to gauge the stance of christian leaders and I am pleased that some of them are standing up for the cross.
I love the question asked by Rev. Franklin Graham who leads the Billy Graham Ministries;
“Will the next step be to ban us from speaking God’s truth from His Word about this issue?”
In my opinion, this is a possibility, therefore I expect the next lawsuit from a gay person who didn’t like the way the pastor preached against his beliefs and will go to find ‘justice.’ Christians will face more alienation than ever before.
Related articles across the web
Franklin Graham went further to warn;
“Obama is leading the nation on a sinful course and God will judge him and us as a nation if we don’t repent.”
According to the Christianpost.com, Pastor Greg Laurie gave a special sermon titled “6 Things Christians Can Do Amid Supreme Court’s Gay Marriage Ruling” to help his congregation and Christians elsewhere in the country deal with the U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage. Here they are:
- Don’t panic; God is still on the throne
- Remember that Romans 8:28 is still in the Bible
- Show this culture what a biblical marriage looks like
- Show the love of Christ to everyone
- Engage all people with the Gospel
- Pray no matter what
The truth is that God commands us to love our neighbours whether gay or straight but we must know where to draw the line. So I watched this old interview with Pastor Joel Osteen;
What do you make of it? Do you think that he has lost it? Admitting that Gay people are in his church is not bad but is he telling them the truth like Apostle Paul would do?
There are too many questions and only God Himself know the answers but I’d love to end this post with a quote by Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
“The Supreme Court can do many things, but the Supreme Court can’t put Jesus back in that tomb. Jesus of Nazareth is still alive; He is still calling the universe toward His kingdom.”